A perfect location to experience one of Portland's oldest neighborhoods. So much is available when you stay here. St. Johns feels like a village on the edge of the city. Our community is located close to the Willamette River and is filled with locally owned shops, pubs, outdoor activities, and a wonderful riverfront park below the famous St. Johns Bridge.
You will be surrounded by a huge array of fitness opportunities. The property features a hot yoga and barre studio on the main level. Right outside your window is a boot camp exercise yard with an obstacle course layout. Across the street is a 23,000 sf health club with yoga, Spinning, boxing, Zumba, senior fit classes, olympic lifting, Hydromassage, steam room, sauna, and more! All these health club options are included in your stay!
Each apartment has free parking, air conditioning, weekly cleaning, washer/dryer, full kitchen, streaming and live TV, and WiFi.
Many activities and venues are within easy walking distance. The walk score is 89 and the bike score is 90.
What is close by (walkable):
- 2 food cart pods within 1 block (vegan, beer, sushi, ice cream, breakfast, coffee, and much more)
- 2 movie theaters
- Multiple pubs
- Unique, local shops and restaurants
- Health club (see below)
- Historic St. Johns Bridge and Cathedral Park
- Willamette River
What is close by (driveable):
- Pier Park with frisbee golf, outdoor swimming pool, picnicking, playground
- Kelley Point Park where our 2 great rivers come together - kayaking, beaches, picnicking
- Forest Park (one of the largest urban forests in the US) with hiking and biking
- Sauvie Island wetland area with walking, biking, kayaking, bird watching
- Smith & Bybee wetland area with walking, biking, kayaking, bird watching
- Portland International Raceway and Expo Center with events many days of the week
- Columbia River
- Oregon Zoo
- University of Portland
- Dog parks
- Just minutes from the airport and downtown Portland
- Mt. Hood, the Oregon coast, and Columbia Gorge are just a couple hours away
West Coast Fitness (www.pdxgym.com) is the largest health club in the area and is right across the street. It is over 23,000 square feet of indoor space, an additional 5,000 square feet of outdoor facilities, as well as a beautiful hot yoga/hot barre studio located in the very same building as your apartment. The front desk staff is available from 4am-11pm on weekdays and 6am-11pm on weekends to help you with your stay and answer any questions you may have about the area.
What is available with your stay at Fitness Flats:
- Hot yoga and barre classes
- CrossFit style classes
- Zumba, Spinning and yoga classes
- Senior classes
- Boxing, boot camp, HIIT classes
- Outdoor obstacle course/boot camp yard
- Steam and sauna
- Huge array of free weights, machine weights, and cardio
Spa & GymShared Fitness-Room, Shared Dry sauna, Shared Steam sauna